Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun 06-16-2024 8:12AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Core i7 system, motherboard, etc. for TRADE for laptops
PostPosted: Mon 09-20-2010 11:10AM 
Captain

Source: Fidelity
I have several desktops and am looking to trade these out for laptops.

The desktops include a Core i7 2.66GHZ quad core w/ 8GB DDR3 RAM on an MSI Eclipse SLI motherboard, a Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 running at 3.0GHZ w/ 12MB cache on an ASUS P5E3 Premium/Wifi-AP.N motherboard, an Intel Xeon dual core running at 3.0 GHZ (this has similar specs to an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400) on a Gigabyte X48 board, as well as an Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 running 2.2 GHZ. None of these system have spectacular video cards but they could be upgraded to SLI, etc. if needed.

I also have an MSI Eclipse SLI Core i7 motherboard that is not yet in a system as well as some other misc parts I would be willing to trade such as 4GB Corsair XMS-2 dual DDR2 memory.

For laptops, I am looking for something with decent performance and quality and want something comparable in value to what I am offering. As you can tell, I am not offereing up junk in trade. The laptops will need to be dual, triple, or quad core and support Windows 7. I prefer Dell or HP branded laptops and absolutely want to avoid Toshiba, Acer, eMachines, etc. Depending on the specs of a laptop, I may consider multiple desktops for trade. I prefer something with an Intel CPU but will consider AMDs too.

E-mail me at cwatkin@mst.edu if you want more information about these systems and are interested in trading. I have several other desktops from the P4 era too that might be included in trades.

at http://www.mst.edu/~cwatkin/cwome

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Core i7 system, motherboard, etc. for TRADE for laptops
PostPosted: Mon 09-20-2010 8:45PM 
BLITZVERPWND
BLITZVERPWND

Source: Off Campus
just bought a similar laptop to this for the same price: http://www.cedarsys.net/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=2115

in case you end up selling those rigs, it's a pretty good deal

Linux and Macintosh, Eiskaltdc++, then adcs://hub.queue42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Core i7 system, motherboard, etc. for TRADE for laptops
PostPosted: Wed 09-22-2010 8:01AM 
Captain

Source: Off Campus
I like that Dell that they have to offer for that price. I already bought one nice laptop. It is a Core i7 based HP Pavlion DV7-4071nr from Staples. This has 1GB discrete video among other nice features and I got it for a real steal when they were clearancing these. This is a great laptop all around except that the touchpad is so bad that an external mouse is pretty much required. The thing is actually made of metal so you don't have to worry about the screen getting puched into the keyboard which ahs been an issue on some of my other past laptops. Anyway, I would sell these desktops if someone was interested.

Thanks,

Conor

at http://www.mst.edu/~cwatkin/cwome

Profile E-mail