Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat 04-27-2024 9:43AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 10:00PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Farrar Hall
LordoftheJujubes wrote:
If PETA ever protests in Rolla I'm going to rent a truck, rack up some dead animals, and have a huge BBQ right next to their rally.

I would join you simply for the fact that I think PETA is one of the most pathetic groups out there. Anything they do just makes people who actually care about animals look like just as much of crazy psychos as they are....they do more harm than good and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I'm all for making sure animals aren't abused and whatnot, but I think I'd go about it better than throwing red paint on coats, and tossing somebody's burger on the ground, both of which would get them an ass kicking from me.

Then where do all the calculators go?

Report this post    Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 10:12PM 
Colonel

Source: Off Campus
I can't begin to relate how many incredible things PETA is doing for animals.

Did you know that one of those fir coats that these dipshits is wearing is made with an average of 30 small animals? Do you know how these animals are killed? They are tortured with electric shock, hooked up to their genitals: not until they die, but for a long while afterwards because animals still twitch when dead, and these idiots want to make sure they are dead. I learned this initially on the PETA website.

I had a pet cow. He was really sick because his mother couldn't provide for him anymore so we had to bottlefeed him. The personal attention we gave him to try to nurse him back to health allowed us to see the amazing personality he had. His playful behavior was similar to a dog. Then when he got older, dad had him slaughtered and we began to eat him. That's what I became a vegetarian. I was told to eat the loving pet that I nursed back to health and developed a relationship with.

Peta provides all sorts of wonderful information about animal cruelty in the forms of vivisection, horrible mistreatment in rodeos and circuses. Their mission isn't to hurt you. It's to scream at the idiots that don't care about living things that they need to wake up and see that you don't need to torture animals to survive. I for one am no skinny person and I haven't eaten meat in 4 and a half years. I think if I needed meat to survive I'd have been dead long ago.

It isn't my life's mission to go around telling people not to eat meat. However, when people use eating animals as a way to get back at people like me who care so deaply for them, I think they need to take a long hard look at themselves and the pain they are causing.

Is PETA really hurting you by voicing their views? I thought this was a free country.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 10:38PM 

Source: Somewhere
"Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause."
-Alex Pacheco, Director, PETA

"I wish we all would get up and go into the labs and take the animals out or burn them down."
-Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, National Animal Rights Convention '97, June 27, 1997

"Get arrested. Destroy the property of those who torture animals. Liberate those animals interned in the hellholes our society tolerates."
Jerry Vlasak, Animal Defense League, Internet post to AR Views list, June 21, 1996

"We have found that civil disobedience and direction action has been powerful in generating massive attention in our communities ... and has been very effective in traumatizing our targets."
-J.P. Goodwin, Committee to Abolish the Fur Trade, National Animal Rights Convention '97, June 27, 1997.

"In a war you have to take up arms and people will get killed, and I can support that kind of action by petrol bombing and bombs under cars, and probably at a later stage, the shooting of vivisectors on their doorsteps. It's a war, and there's no other way you can stop vivisectors."
-Tim Daley, British Animal Liberation Front Leader

and a new one...

I love people who have absolutely no compassion for other living things. I wish I could barbecue some of you, because I think more highly of the cow sometimes
- capella

Sounds like you'll fit right in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 10:42PM 
Colonel

http://www.theonion.com/onion3110/petacommandos.html

http://www.theonion.com/onion3420/animal_rights.html

Sadly, I could see peta doing those things :shock:

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 10:43PM 
Colonel

I didn't mean that literally. It was to prove a point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 10:45PM 

capella wrote:
It isn't my life's mission to go around telling people not to eat meat. However, when people use eating animals as a way to get back at people like me who care so deaply for them, I think they need to take a long hard look at themselves and the pain they are causing.

Is PETA really hurting you by voicing their views? I thought this was a free country.

Us meat-eaters should take a long hard look at ourselves for offending you with our meat-eating? Are we really hurting you by voicing our views? I thought this was a free country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 11:05PM 
Colonel

That's not what I said. Those who eat meat for spite in front of us to upset us should take a long look at yourself.

Anyway, the animals are the ones who are suffering for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 11:19PM 
Colonel

Blah I'm intelligent enough to know that this is a fight that I cannot gain ground on. I believe this is why PETA resorts to such drastic measures. We have an apathetic society that unnecessarily kills and tortures animals so that we can have steak dinners, leather chairs to sit our fat asses on, fur coats to show our societal status, makeup that won't sting our poor eyes, and other products that won't give us an allergic reaction. Is the gain really worth the price?

I probably won't say anymore in this thread because almost every reply I get is either a misunderstanding of what I'm saying or nonsense in my eyes. I wish we could love all living things, but we can't even love our fellow humans. You can say its human nature to be cruel and inconsiderate, maybe I have been cursed for being made to care.

Post subject: PETA FUC@KING SUCKS
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 11:40PM 

The people of PETA have no common sense and they all should be burnt. They should be arrested for damaging corn and firebombing dog shelters. There was no harm in dying the cat green. It was funny, just like the battle tortoise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-08-2004 11:53PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Quote:
Those who eat meat for spite in front of us to upset us should take a long look at yourself.

... and those who throw paint on coats, other people's food on the ground, over turn people's cars and go out of their way to upset those who don't believe the same way should do the same. I honestly don't care if you're a vegetarian, and you're not going to convince me that eating meat is bad. A shark or gator would have absolutely no problem ripping me apart and eating me, so why should I have any reservations about eating another animal? That's how this world works, after all. For every animal to survive, another organism must die or be injured. There are no exceptions to this.

For the record - I eat meat anyway. I wouldn't be doing it to spite anyone, I would be doing it in a specific location to spite them. There's a difference, however slight it may be.

"I'll attract them with my human call.... 'I'm so wasted, I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, Night Elf, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-09-2004 12:07AM 
Major

Source: TJ North
capella wrote:
Blah I'm intelligent enough to know that this is a fight that I cannot gain ground on. I believe this is why PETA resorts to such drastic measures. We have an apathetic society that unnecessarily kills and tortures animals so that we can have steak dinners, leather chairs to sit our fat asses on, fur coats to show our societal status, makeup that won't sting our poor eyes, and other products that won't give us an allergic reaction. Is the gain really worth the price?

I probably won't say anymore in this thread because almost every reply I get is either a misunderstanding of what I'm saying or nonsense in my eyes. I wish we could love all living things, but we can't even love our fellow humans. You can say its human nature to be cruel and inconsiderate, maybe I have been cursed for being made to care.

Its good to know that some people down here do care to a level to defend their point even against those people whom are so closed to a point that no matter what was said or done they wouldn't care in the least. Personally I disagree with some of the things PETA does but in general I support why they do it 100%. Debating the issue seems kind of pointless with the people here in Rolla though, still good to know that some people down here are caring on issues like this, even though its a huge minority.

As for the painting animals green I think it would be funny if it was found that it was harmful to the animal and PETA got involved like back with the battle turtle. I would personally like to see those people who harm animals like they do pay for what they do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-09-2004 12:11AM 
Major

Source: TJ South
LordoftheJujubes wrote:
A shark or gator would have absolutely no problem ripping me apart and eating me, so why should I have any reservations about eating another animal?

Because sharks and gators have little bitty brains. More like little signal generators that blare "CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP" when they're hungry. We are a little better than that, I think.

That's why we as a species need to moderate ourselves. Because we CAN, what with the development of ethics and society and all that other crap that comes with having high-powered brains. It's the responsibility that comes with sentience.

Oh yeah, one more thing, I am not a vegitarian. I'm just sick of the same stupid "Animals eat stuff" argument.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-09-2004 2:26AM 
Captain

Source: Fidelity
I have a love/hate relationship with PETA. I think their heart is in the right place, and they do a lot of good things for the AR movement. However, I think that too many of their campaigns are just ridiculous, or do more to alienate people then bring people to their cause. Also, I think their is a tendency for PETA to make people think that AR activists are a bunch of nut-jobs.

On the other hand, they do impress me sometimes. One of my favorite AR ad campaigns ever was launched by PETA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-09-2004 12:24PM 
Colonel

Source: CompSci Building
Quote:
One of my favorite AR ad campaigns ever was launched by PETA.

Got Beer?

"I'll attract them with my human call.... 'I'm so wasted, I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, Night Elf, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-09-2004 3:22PM 
Major General

Source: Wilson Library
capella wrote:

Did you know that one of those fir coats that these dipshits is wearing is made with an average of 30 small animals? Do you know how these animals are killed? They are tortured with electric shock, hooked up to their genitals: not until they die, but for a long while afterwards because animals still twitch when dead, and these idiots want to make sure they are dead. I learned this initially on the PETA website.

Capella i would be pretty wary of any "facts" you come across on the website of any group like PeTA. Often, they are full of shit. Same thing goes with any ultra left-wing or ultra right-wing source, i wouldn't believe a word of what they say. Orginazations like that have very little credibility with me.

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next